How is it possible that we only have a few weeks of summer left? (Well, at least for the kids). If you want to take advantage of these last few weeks, there are tons of stuff to do in the Indianapolis and Hamilton County areas. Here are just a few ideas:
- Downtown Indy: Children’s Museum, Indianapolis Indians games, Indianapolis Zoo, White River State Park events, horse carriage rides, and more! And may I suggest the Sub Zero Ice Cream shop on Mass Ave., where they use Nitrogen tanks to make and freeze the ice cream in front of you! I plan on taking my kids to enjoy a full day downtown before going back to school!
- Conner Prairie
- Splash pads (there are lots of free ones at certain parks in Hamilton County and Indianapolis, as well as at Conner Prairie)
- Park picnics – check out our previous blog that has links to lots of parks in the area!
- Pools – if you don’t belong to one, most offer guest passes for free (or cheap).
- Summer movies – many movie theatres offer $1 movies one day a week in the mornings – and they show pretty good movies!
- Check out Indy With Kids – they have TONS of great ideas (and updated family-friendly events) on their website!
- Go to the Beach! That’s right – Saxony Beach is right here in Fishers, IN.
Hope that gets you started! It’s great to live in an area with so many options!